MIFGS Emerging Designers Competition
Well March is well and truly upon us and MIFGS is here, ready or not!
Thankfully I'm ready.
After months of organising, ordering plants, securing sponsors and meeting my fabulous landscapers, MIFGS is finally here. The anticipation has been growing and its fabulous to to see the design come to life.
The design brief given to me and my fellow competitors and is a challenging and inspirational one. Our 'client' this year is The CFA and we are to design a fire safe garden for a suburban home.
Our allotment has the dimensions of 6 x 6m and we can build whatever we like within that space. Our budget is $3,000.
My design is called Urban Sanctuary.
I'm aiming to create a beautiful garden for a family home in the suburbs. Within my design I have elements of fun, relaxation, sustainability and of course safety. I want my design to embrace all the elements a family could want whilst not compromising beauty or functionality.
Here are some photos of art pieces being used in the design
![]() |
| Phoenix by Overwrought |
![]() |
| Decorative gates by Overwrought |
![]() |
| The beautiful chair designed and made by Overwrought |
![]() |
| Day 1 of the build - putting together the hot tub by Ukko Spas and Saunas gabion wall by gr8walls |
![]() |
| Trees are positioned |
![]() |
| End of day 1 and all is on track with boxing complete. |






No comments:
Post a Comment